South Africa for the Epicure
Spend three nights at the Vineyard Hotel in Cape Town and enjoy a foodie tour as well as a Gin Connoisseur tour, highlighting the diverse food and beverage culture in Cape Town. You will spend two nights at Devon Valley Hotel immersing yourself in the world-famous Cape Winelands. Your last few nights will be spent at Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge, renowned for its culinary genius and safari experiences.
- This quotation is based on a minimum of 2 guests sharing
- Rates are RACK & commissionable to international tour operators
- Rates and services are strictly subject to availability at the time of booking
- Comprehensive travel insurance is recommended
- Airport Meet & Greet
- Group B car rental from Day One to Day Six
- 3 nights’ accommodation at the Vineyard Hotel in a Courtyard Deluxe Room on a bed & breakfast basis (includes a wine pairing dinner)
- Cape Town Foodie Tour
- Cape Town Gin Connoisseur Tour
- 2 nights’ accommodation at Devon Valley Hotel in a Vineyard Luxury Room on a bed & breakfast basis
- Waterford Wine Drive Safari
- Franschhoek Wine Tram Experience
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a Luxury Suite at Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge on a fully inclusive basis. Open-vehicle safaris by day and night accompanied by qualified rangers and trackers, environmental awareness walking safaris, breakfast, lunch, “boma” dinner, a house selection of beverages, and Wi-Fi
- All other airfares, air reservations and airport taxes
- All other accommodation
- All other meals
- All other transport
- All other sightseeing
- Gratuities for meals, tourist guides and drivers
- Personal expenses such as alcoholic and other beverages, telephone calls and laundry
- Any other services not mentioned above
THE RATES ARE VALID FROM 01 MARCH 2019 TO 30 NOVEMBER 2019 AND ARE SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF ALL SERVICES AT THE TIME OF BOOKING
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport, you collect your car hire vehicle and travel to the Vineyard Hotel, located in Newlands, a verdant suburb of Cape Town. Check in, enjoy a light meal or afternoon tea in the Garden Lounge, book a spa treatment at the Angansana Spa or take a relaxing garden walk on the seven-acre estate. Dinner will be an authentic South African meal paired with award-winning wine.
Overnight at the Vineyard Hotel. [D]
After breakfast, you will depart for the Cape Town City Foodie Tour. This is where you’ll revel in flavours that are unique to South Africa and Cape Town. Visit an artisanal coffee roaster, take a walk with a meat merchant for traditional biltong, visit the brightly coloured Bo-Kaap and delve into Cape Malay cuisine, and visit an exclusive wine bar for tastings of local and rare boutique South African wines.
Overnight at the Vineyard Hotel. [BL]
After breakfast, you will join a full day Gin Connoisseur Tour that highlights the gin revolution in South Africa and particularly Cape Town. Many distillers are concocting incredible cocktails that often incorporate ingredients unique to the Cape. Your tour will include visits to three distilleries.
Overnight at the Vineyard Hotel. [B]
After breakfast, start your journey to the Winelands, spending the night in Stellenbosch. Stop in Stellenbosch at the beautiful Waterford Estate for a 2½ hour Wine Drive Safari. You’ll be greeted with bubbly and be taken on a cellar tour. Depart in a safari vehicle through the 120-hectare estate. Special stops will be made to taste estate wines before heading back to the tasting room to end off the experience with a wine and chocolate pairing.
Overnight at Devon Valley Hotel. [B]
After breakfast, discover the true essence of the Franschhoek Valley – picturesque vineyards, breathtaking scenery, warm hospitality and fine wines. Experience a unique and leisurely journey through rolling vineyards in an open-side tram and open-air tram-bus, stopping in at some of South Africa’s oldest and most distinguished wine estates. Your storytelling guide will take you on a tour through Franschhoek village, sharing with you the fascinating history of the French Huguenots and the Huguenot Memorial Museum.
Overnight at Devon Valley Hotel. [B]
Day Six to Day Eight
Sabi Sand Game Reserve
After breakfast, drive to Cape Town International Airport and drop off your rental vehicle. You will then board a flight to Skukuza Airport and be road transferred to Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge.
Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge promises a luxury safari experience unlike any other. It is the Sabi Sand Game Reserve’s flagship bush lodge and is well known for hosting some of the reserve’s most famous guests. The lodge is set deep within the bushveld and overlooks a waterhole and open plains. Expansive decks provide the perfect place to watch star-studded African skies at night and see the abundance of wild African species quenching their thirst. This is the land of the Big 5 and on morning and afternoon game drives, you will traverse this terrain in search of them. Dinner is a gourmet affair and a fire-lit boma is the platform for sharing and reminiscing about the day’s adventures.
Overnight at Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge. [BLD]