Cape Town Summer Excitement
Call Cape Town home during this four night stay at one of the city’s trendiest hotels—The Grand Daddy Hotel—located on the bustling and vibrant Long Street. Ever wanted to sleep in a real vintage Airstream trailer? Well, here is your chance as this is what awaits your first night’s stay. The remaining 3 nights will be spent in the hotel. Discover the city and surrounds on a self drive Cape of Good Hope journey, a Cape Town bicycle tour discovering traditional South African culinary delights, a surf lesson at the world renowned Big Bay and the charming winelands with its exquisite wines.
- Rates are NETT & non-commissionable to international inbound tour operators
- Accommodation is based on standard room type only
- Minimum 2 guests required
- Comprehensive travel insurance is recommended
- Arrival transfer (Cape Town International Airport to The Grand Daddy Hotel)
- 1 night at The Grand Daddy Hotel in an Airstream trailer on a bed & breakfast basis
- 3 nights at The Grand Daddy Hotel in a superior room on a bed & breakfast basis
- 2 complimentary tickets for The Pink Flamingo Rooftop Cinema (shows on Mondays only, weather dependant)
- Car Rental – Group B (VW Polo or similar) from day 02 to day 05
- Half day Bikes & Bites Cape Town cycling tour (bicycle and helmet provided)
- Please note that this tour is weather dependent and does not run on a Sunday
- 2 hours surf lesson (wetsuit and surfboard provided)
- Please note that the lesson is weather and tide dependent. Transfers are not provided, guests will self drive to the location. Location may vary depending on surf conditions.
- Wine & Charcuterie Journey at Spice Route
- Meals as per the itinerary above
- Additional activities
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
Upon touchdown in the Mother City you will be transferred to Cape Town city centre for an unforgettable stay at the chic Grand Daddy Hotel located on the bustling Long Street. Spend your first night in a vintage Airstream trailer in the hotel’s Rooftop trailer park. With individual decor and collectively reflecting the “South African road trip”, every trailer gives you the chance to experience a different part of Mzansi (South Africa). Throw down your bags, grab a bite to eat and head for Table Mountain to enjoy uninterrupted views of the city. Should your stay fall over a Monday, join The Pink Flamingo Rooftop Cinema for an unforgettable outdoor cinema experience under the stars. Overnight at The Grand Daddy Hotel.
Enjoy a scrumptious breakfast before hitting the road. Today you will have the opportunity to explore the breathtaking Cape Peninsula. A scenic drive along the Atlantic coast will take you to the fishing village of Hout Bay, one of Cape Town’s best kept secrets. From here travel to the Cape Point Nature Reserve, comprising over 17,300 acres of indigenous fauna and flora and also one of the world's largest breeding grounds for tortoises. Take in the magnificent views of the majestic coastline as you return towards Cape Town via False Bay. Why not visit the Penguin colony at Boulders Beach en-route? Overnight at The Grand Daddy Hotel. [B]
You may want to order an extra large breakfast this morning as your day ahead is packed with exciting activities. First on the list is a bicycle tour through Cape Town. Exploring the culinary side of the city, you will cycle through different neighbourhoods and taste traditional South African bites such as Boerewors Rolls, samoosas and koesisters along the way. In the afternoon, hit the West Coast beach at Big Bay for a surfing lesson never to be forgotten. Once on the board and riding the wave, peer over your shoulder for a striking view of Table Mountain and the city at its feet. Feel like celebrating your surfing victory over a cold beer and braai inspired menu? Then pop into the newest kid on the trendy block—The Village Idiot Restaurant and Bar—located just around the corner of your hotel. Overnight at The Grand Daddy Hotel. [B]
Take this day slow with a drive to the Winelands and enjoy a sensory feast at Spice Route, located just outside of Paarl. A Wine & Charcuterie Journey awaits your arrival, so enjoy while soaking up the fresh winelands flavours. A carefully selected assortment of artisan products, ranging from independent craft beers, DV Artisan Chocolate, cured meats, great food and—of course—delicate wine will treat the senses and you just might end up staying the day! Overnight at The Grand Daddy Hotel. [B]
After breakfast, depart for Cape Town International Airport where you will return your rental vehicle.