Bush & Beach – Zulu and Pearls
06/01/2020 - 30/04/2020
01/05/2020 - 31/08/2020
01/09/2020 - 15/12/2020
Bush & Beach – Zulu and Pearls
Zululand is an area rich in tradition and symbolism under a subtropical sun. This is where Thanda Private Game Reserve is ready to welcome you with safari wonders and fascinating cultural insights. You will go in search of the iconic Big Five and be awed by one of the mightiest cultures of the world, the Zulu nation.
You will then continue to the ‘Pearl of the Indian Ocean’, White Pearl Resort. Here is where the ocean calls with the promise of barefoot luxury, categorized by white sands, crystal blue waters and a host of activities from snorkeling to stand-up paddle boarding.
- This quotation is based on a minimum of 2 guests sharing
- Rates are RACK & commissionable to international tour operators
- Rates and services are strictly subject to availability at the time of booking
- Comprehensive travel insurance is recommended
- All road transfers as specified
- 3 nights’ at Thanda Safari Lodge. All meals, selected local beverages (soft drinks, house wines, local spirits and beers), in-room minibar, WiFi, laundry service, two game drives per day with professional guide and tracker, bush walks with specialist walking guides, transfer from Durban (King Shaka International Airport) to Thanda Private Game Reserve (3-4 hours) and Thanda Private Game Reserve to Kosi Border Post (with Mozambique) (+- 3 hours)
- 4 nights’ at White Pearl Resort. Full breakfast, lunch (excluding oysters and lobster on Beach Bar Menu), afternoon tea, mini-bar snacks, three course dinner, canapés at the pool bar, teas, coffees, local beers, soft drinks, selection of spirits, selected cocktails, mini-bar spirits, house wines, sparkling wine & bottled mineral water. Beach sports, beach picnic, shoreline fishing, surfing/kayaking, stand-up paddleboard, kids skipper club, snorkelling, stargazing/moon gazing, local drumming performance, beach boot camp and fat bikes. Private butler service, laundry service (to the value of $40 per adult per stay), WiFi, Medi-vac helicopter evacuation for medical emergencies, Kosi Bay Post to White Pearl Resort (+-30 min) and White Pearl Resort road transfer to Maputo International Airport (+- 90 min)
- VALUE ADD: Complimentary upgrade to a Beach pool suite at White Pearl (subject to availability)
- All other airfares, air reservations and airport taxes
- All other accommodation
- All other meals
- All other transport
- All other sightseeing
- Gratuities for meals, tourist guides and drivers
- Personal expenses such as alcoholic and other beverages, telephone calls and laundry
- Any other services not mentioned
- Package excludes the Eco Charge at White Pearl
Day One to Day Four
Thanda Private Game Reserve
Upon arrival at King Shaka International Airport, you will road transferred to Thanda Private Game Reserve (approximately a 3 to 4 hour drive).
Thanda Private Game Reserve is where the rhythm of Africa is poignant. There is very little that compares to the feeling of waking up in a game reserve in Africa. This is Big Five territory where lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhino roam free and wild. Thanda Private Game Reserve is not only about wild landscapes and its iconic beasts but it’s a culture wonder, as you are immersed into the powerful Zulu culture. You will have the opportunity to engage in ancient traditions such as war dancing and singing and be riveted by their art of storytelling.
Day Five to Day Eight
White Pearl Resort
After breakfast, you will be road transferred to the Kosi Border Post and enter Mozambique (approximately a 3-hour drive). From the border post, it will take approximately 30 minutes to be transferred to White Pearl Resort.
White Pearl Resort in Ponta Mamoli, offers the ultimate barefoot beach luxury experience in Mozambique and has been called the pearl of the Indian Ocean. It’s an exclusive and quintessential white sand, aquamarine waters beach holiday that is drenched in luxury trimmings. Activities abound from romantic sunset horse rides and snorkelling rich coral reefs with qualified dive instructors to shoreline fishing expeditions and stand-up paddle boarding. For the more laid-back, eat fresh seafood at the restaurant, enjoy the soothing sounds of the ocean on a beach picnic or pamper yourself with a signature spa treatment.
Maputo International Airport
After breakfast, you will be road transferred to Maputo International Airport (approximately a 90 minute drive) for your onward travel arrangements.