Wellness Journey in South Africa
01/05/2021 - 15/07/2021
16/07/2021 - 30/09/2021
01/10/2021 - 15/12/2021
Wellness Journey in South Africa
We have curated a wellness journey through South Africa. You begin in the city of Cape Town and spend three nights at the famed Cellars Hohenort Hotel in the suburb of Constantia, home to an age-old wine route. It is a haven of tranquility where days can be spent being pampered at the award-winning spa and exploring the city and her many highlights. The journey continues with a self-drive to Grootbos Private Nature Reserve, a luxury eco-reserve close to the Southern tip of Africa tucked between mountains, forest and ocean.
- This quotation is based on a minimum of 2 guests sharing
- Rates and services are strictly subject to availability at the time of booking
- Comprehensive travel insurance is recommended
- Meet & Greet Service on arrival.
- Private transfer from Cape Town International airport to hotel.
- 3 nights’ accommodation at The Cellars Hohenort hotel on a BB Basis.
- 2 nights’ accommodation at Grootbos Nature reserve in Forest lodge on FB Basis. Welcome drink served upon arrival. Water, soft drinks, tea and coffee, mini bar. Fresh fruit daily in suite. Breakfast buffet with full English breakfast menu. Light lunch. 5-course dinner. Horse riding for non and experienced riders through the reserve. Guided Walks including fynbos nature tours and Milkwood walks. Nature, marine & coastal drives and walks including the Walker Bay Nature Reserve, De Kelders cliff walk, Klipgat Cave combined with seasonal land-based whale watching (whale watching especially during July – December). Bird-watching. Various maps of the reserve and the area for self-guided walks, transfers to/from all activities and conservation levy.
- 3 days Group M Car Hire (Ford EcoSport or similar)
- All other airfares, air reservations and airport taxes
- All other accommodation
- All other meals
- All other transport
- All other sightseeing
- Gratuities for meals, tourist guides and drivers
- Personal expenses such as alcoholic and other beverages, telephone calls and laundry
- Any other services not mentioned
THE RATES ARE VALID FROM 01 MAY 2021 TO 15 DECEMBER 2021
DAY 1 TO 3
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport, you will be met by a representative and given all of your travel documents and be transferred to the Cellars Hohenort Hotel.
The Cellars Hohenort Hotel is in the remarkable and prestigious Constantia Wine Valley. It affiliated with the ‘Relais & Chateaux’ hotel portfolio. Relais & Chateaux only represent the finest and most beautiful retreats in the world, which aptly describes Cellars Hohenhort. This five-star hotel combines two great traditions, the historical Hohenort Manor House and the Cellars in the 18th century Klaasenbosch Wine Estate.
It’s a spectacular natural wonderland with rose and herb gardens, a small citrus orchard, a vineyard and arranged waterfalls. The Greenhouse Restaurant is a culinary delight showcasing a diverse South African based menu with fresh, locally sourced ingredients and the Conservancy Restaurant is built around an enormous 300-year-old oak tree.
The Fresh Wellness Spa beckons with the promise of an all-encompassing wellness experience. It features a Five Senses Signature Massage, using Avo-shea body butter, volcanic stones, tropical bamboo sticks and unique massage techniques that create a bespoke treatment. The Spa is dedicated to using authentic spa techniques, natural elements and indigenous ingredients.
Cape Town is a proverbial hub city of wellness activities. The city offers a range of yoga and pilates studios, as well as yoga classes hosted on white sand beaches with the azure ocean as a viewpoint. You can revel in the natural splendour of the many parks and hiking trails that are frequented by locals in search of tranquil spaces for exercise. The city also plays host to numerous festivals and markets that are geared for featuring healthy food, entertainment and activities that promote rejuvenation of mind, body and spirit.
Please note: All activities and tours in Cape Town will be for your own arrangement.
DAY 4 TO 5
After breakfast, your rental vehicle will be waiting for you at the hotel. You will drive to Grootbos Private Nature Reserve for the next two nights in luxurious bliss at one of the best wellness retreats in South Africa.
One word aptly describes Grootbos Private Nature Reserve, breathtaking. It is found in indigenous fynbos near Hermanus in the Western Cape of South Africa. On the reserve are two exquisite luxury lodges, Forest Lodge and Garden Lodge. They have both been constructed within rare Milkwood and fynbos forests on a scenic mountain slope, with striking views of Walker Bay, the famous whale watching region.
What sets this area apart is that it is home to distinct and unique animal, bird and plant species some of which can be found nowhere else in the world. With all the trimmings of five-star indulgences, you will savor the finest cuisine and lodgings and experience tours on foot, horseback or on a 4X4.
Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is the perfect blend of adventure activities and a wellness-focused destination.
After a day of activities, you can enjoy treatments in luxurious treatment rooms or in the privacy of the suite. There are two fully-equipped Bloom beauty centers, one near one of the lodges and the other set deep in a Milkwood Forest.
After breakfast, you will drive to Cape Town International Airport and return your rental vehicle and continue on your forward travelling arrangements.